We aim to be a single service for all your aches, pains and problems with muscles, bones and joints, including backs and necks (this is known as a Musculoskeletal or MSK service).
You may be referred by your doctor and once we receive your referral, our team will arrange the best help for your problem as soon as possible. This might be:
- Telephone advice and exercise
- MSK Physiotherapy
- Sports and Exercise Therapy
- Peripheral joint injection
- Group exercise classes
- Advice, education and self-management resources
- Condition management and rehabilitation classes
- Links with interfacing community, social care and leisure services
- Diagnostics and ultrasound guided injection
- Specialist medication review
- Surgical opinion
If we ask you to come for an appointment please wear loose clothing so that we can easily examine the affected area. We will take a full history, do a physical examination and talk about treatment plans with you before starting treatment.
Please let us know if you would like to see a female therapist when booking your appointment. You are welcome to bring a family member or friend for support.
It is very important that you are on time for each appointment as patients are booked every 30 minutes. If you are late we might not be able to see you and if this happens twice you may be discharged from the service.